As a Priestess of the Light, I honor and cherish these timeless rituals and celebrations, calling upon the natural energies that are within us and around us ~ those energies ever present within the Universe and Mother Earth herself, that enrich our lives by creating positive change. Use these in Perfect Love and Perfect Trust . . . Blessed Be.

Candlemas

This is a simple candle blessing ritual that can be used at Candlemas (February 2nd) to bless your candles for the year. Buying your black and orange candles in the fall when they are readily available and then blessing them at Candlemas will have you ready for your Samhain festivities. Please feel free to substitute your Diety's name in this ritual.

Candlemas
Candle Blessing Ritual

Items Needed - candles, annointing oil (I like Frankincense, Myrhh, Sandalwood, Cypress, Elemi, and Lavender in a blend)

Hold the candle in the centre with the wick towards you and rub the anointing oil into the wax starting at the middle of the candle, turning the candle deosil (clockwise) and work your way up to the top as you say:

Lord Jesus,
You are the Light of the world.
I praise You and ask You to guide my steps each day.
Help me to love You and serve You faithfully,
and to carry my daily cross with You.

Now turn the candle so that the base is towards you, holding it in the centre, rub the anointing oil into the wax starting again in the middle, turn the candle deosil (clockwise) and work your way up to the top as you say:

Bless this candle,
and let it always remind me
that You are my Light in the darkness,
my protector in danger,
and my saving Lord at all times.

Hold the candle between your hands and say:

Lord Jesus,
I praise You and give You glory,
for You are Lord for ever and ever.
Blessed Be and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment